for Scientific Associations
The Eli Lilly Canada grants program provides funding for not-for-profit scientific associations, university-affiliated associations, and hospital foundations that promote excellence in disease awareness and scientific innovation for optimal patient care.
Due to limited resources available, only a select number of recipients will be awarded grants based on merit and alignment with one or more of the four therapeutic areas listed below:
- Autoimmune disorders (rheumatology and dermatology)
TYPES OF REQUESTS SUPPORTED:
Consistent with a mandate to promote excellence in disease awareness and scientific innovation, we support organizations whose overall objectives for the year align with the following:
- Improvement in the quality of health care and health care delivery
- Improvement in public health and patient care (e.g., education and disease awareness or prevention).
TYPES OF REQUESTS NOT SUPPORTED:
- Capital expenditures (e.g., purchasing equipment, facility upgrades) and salaries
- Requests from organizations to support educational workshops for health care professionals
- Requests from individuals to attend conferences and seminars
- Support for single, one-day events (e.g., consumer expos and workshops)
PLEASE NOTE: If your request is for Lilly Grants under our philanthropy category, please click here.
The deadlines for submitting grant applications are May 1st and October 1st.
If you have any questions prior to applying, please contact us at either:
Email: Canada.LillyGrants@Lilly.com and we would be happy to assist you.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your application within one business day of submission.
- Our Lilly Grants committee will notify you within 14 days if your application will or will not be considered for the final grant reviews scheduled in May and October.
- The Lilly Grants committee will contact you within one month of these reviews to provide a granting decision.
PLEASE NOTE: Requests originating outside of Canada must be directed to the Lilly office in the country where the requesting organization operates.
PLEASE NOTE: Eli Lilly Canada does not provide donations to individuals. If you have been prescribed a Health Canada approved Lilly medication but are unable to afford it, please click here for more information about the Lilly Patient Support Program.